On the table within 30 minutes, this easy thai green curry is a weekday favourite. We have tried many store bought green curry pastes and even made our own. We always come back to our trusty store bought Volcom Authentic Thai Green Curry Paste. We change things up from time to time and substitute the green beans and bamboo shoots for zucchini and baby corn.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Volcom thai green curry paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 100 g green beans, sliced into 5cm lengths
- 100 g sliced tinned bamboo shoots
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- coriander and lime juice for serving
- Heat oil in wok or large saucepan over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring until fragrant.
- Add stock and coconut milk, bring to a light boil. Add chicken breast, beans, bamboo shoots and kaffir lime leaves. Stir to combine. If chicken is not covered by liquid, add more coconut milk.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Top with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime juice just before serving. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Note: If you prefer a thicker curry sauce, you can always thicken it with a little cornflour mixed with water.