We adore these buttery little snowballs; they are a perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee. They are soft and crumbly with a slight crunch from the toasted pecans. We like to play around with this mixture by adding cinnamon or finely chopped crystallized ginger. Bliss!
- 250 gr softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup icing sugar + more for rolling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla and salt and mix well. Slowly add the flour, mixing well after each addition. Add the chopped pecans and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough out and roll it into a ball and place it on the baking tray. Continue until all the dough has been formed into balls. Place them on the baking tray about 1 inch part. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes then gently roll them in powdered sugar while still warm. Allow them to cool completely and then coat them in powdered sugar again.
Makes about 40 cookies