Gorgeously green; this soup is easy, fresh and delicious! We play around with the recipe to suit our mood. Served piping hot in winter with a sprinkling of toasted fennel seeds or served warm in summer with some shredded fresh mint added to the mix with a generous blob of crème fraîche. Make sure you use baby peas and add them at the end of the cooking. Doing this keeps the soup gloriously green and adds a lovely texture too.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 360 g frozen baby peas
- 1 tbsp cream
- salt + pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the oil and gently cook onion and fennel.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add potato and stock, simmer until potato is soft.
- Add frozen peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take soup off the heat and add the cream, blend until smooth.