Easy and delicious, this Chicken and Mushroom Bake is a popular weeknight dinner in our house. The chicken is moist and tender and the sauce is divine. We serve it with either buttery mash and seasonal vegetables or with a simple salad and slices of buttered baguette to mop up the garlicky juices.
- 4 chicken maryland or breast on bone with skin on
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 eshallot, finely diced
- 200g mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Season chicken well on both side with salt & pepper. Heat oil in pan over high head; add chicken and brown on both sides, place into a medium baking tray. Turn heat down to medium, add butter and cook shallots until translucent, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine, cook for a couple of minutes then add stock and mustard, stir well. Add mushrooms, season with salt & pepper to taste. Pour over chicken and bake in a 180 degree celsius oven for around 25-30 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.