These sweet little cookies are a gorgeous little gift to give friends and family at Christmas time. We love to pack these into cellophane bags and tie with bright festive ribbon. Cherry is our preferred jam for our Christmas baking but these look equally as gorgeous with a sunny apricot jam centre.
- 170 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees celsius. Prepare cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Add butter and sugar to mixer and beat until just combined. Add vanilla and salt and beat to combine.
- Add flour slowly while mixer is on low speed until combined.
- Turn cookie dough out onto a board and pat into a flat disc. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from cling wrap and roll 30 gram portions into balls and place onto baking sheet.
- Lightly press down on the centre using your thumb to make a indent. Fill the indent with 1/4 tsp of cherry jam.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes turning the tray half way through baking time.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 20 cookies