Ruby red, these sugar coated peanuts are simply delicious. Presented in a mason jar these make a beautiful gift idea. So simple but so spectacular!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups raw (skins-on) peanuts
- Few drops of red food colouring
- Dissolve sugar in water in a frypan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add food colouring. Cook until peanuts are completely sugared (coated and no syrup left).
- Pour onto tray to cool, spreading out so that peanuts are separated as much as possible.