We may not get snow for Christmas in Australia but we do make a slice called ‘White Christmas’. It’s a very sweet, crispy, no bake slice spotted with currants and glace cherries. It’s a little Aussie Christmas foodie icon!
- 3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chopped glace cherries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 250g copha
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup powdered milk
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Melt copha slowly over low heat. Cool slightly, pour onto dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Working quickly to spoon into and press into a deep-sided baking tin (like a lamington tray or slice tray).
- Freeze until set (about 15 minutes), then store in the refrigerator.
- Serve cut into squares.