Zesty and fresh, this potato salad is a highly requested fave at our family lunches. The fluffy potatoes with crisp cracked skins paired with fresh herbs and a zesty dressing makes for the perfect summertime salad.
- 1 kg small chat potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Boil, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until just cooked. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Place on chopping board.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Using your palm, gently press potatoes to flatten slightly. Place in a single layer in a large greased roasting pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Roast for 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and golden. Transfer to a platter.
- Whisk together vinegar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup oil in a bowl. Add sugar and season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over warm potatoes. Turn potatoes to coat in dressing. Sprinkle with parsley, dill and chives.