In the Maudie + Jane kitchen we love to celebrate fresh seasonal produce. This asparagus and pea salad is bursting with flavour and is a beautiful addition to a summertime lunch.
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed and halved
- 1 x 500g packet frozen baby peas
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- salt + pepper
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and brown sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add capsicum, red onion and mint leaves. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Blanch asparagus by placing in a bowl of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, drain and then run under cold water until no longer hot to touch.
- Cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water until bright green and just tender. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Place peas on serving plate and top with asparagus. Dress salad with the lime dressing mixture just before serving.