Frozen puff pastry is one of the greatest things you can keep in your freezer! We love making these quick and easy tarts. We play around with the toppings by omitting the tomato and replacing it with ribbons of zucchini or sliced Swiss brown mushrooms and thyme. Whichever way, these crispy golden tarts are light and delicious.
- 2 x sheets store-bought puff pasty, thawed
- 1/4 cup smooth ricotta
- 80g goats cheese + 20g for crumbling on top
- 3 tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- fresh basil leaves
- cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Cut each pastry sheet into quarters and place on a lined baking tray. Score a 1cm border around each square.
- Beat goats cheese and ricotta together until smooth. Divide mixture between pastries avoiding the border. Glaze the pastry border with beaten egg yolk.
- Top with slices of tomato and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve with cracked pepper, extra crumbled goats cheese, basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.