This burrito bowl is not just healthy but super delicious too! If you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers just mix it all together and stuff into a tortilla wrap for lunch the next day.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 500 grams chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 pkt fajita mix
- olive oil
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced or mashed
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- coriander leaves
- Coat the sliced chicken in fajita mix and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice using the absorption method, adding chicken stock to the water. Add chopped chives to the cooked rice mixture.
- Fry chicken in olive oil until cooked, set aside.
- Make salsa by adding chopped tomato, lime juice, shallots and salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion rice mixture into 4 large bowls, sprinkle each with cheese. Top with lettuce, corn, avocado, salsa, black beans, sour cream and chicken. Top with a sprinkling of coriander leaves.