I love having tricky little cheats recipes that I can whip together on short notice. These decadent salted caramel tarts are the perfect after dinner treat with little fuss.
- 12 Pre-made mini tart shells
- 160 grams caramel candy (I used Cadbury Caramels but your could also use Pascall Columbines or something similar)
- 1 tsp butter
- 60g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp pouring cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes + extra for garnish
- Prepare your mini tart shells according to the directions on the package.
- In a heavy based saucepan on low heat melt butter and swirl up side of the pan. Add the caramel candies, sea salt and 2 tablespoons of the pouring cream and stir continuously until melted.
- Fill the tart shells 3/4 of the way with the caramel.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the dark chocolate and 1 tbsp pouring cream. Microwave in 10 second bursts stirring in between to combine the chocolate and cream to form a ganache.
- Top the caramel with the ganache and wait for the ganache to completely cool before lightly sprinkling with sea salt.