Salads don’t have to be boring, in fact I love coming up with different flavour combinations. For me there is nothing more summery than a fresh salad bursting with bright colours and flavours. This salad combines sweet and tangy flavors making each bite enjoyable right til the very end.
- 4 handfuls rocket leaves
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small pink lady apple, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil + extra to drizzle over sweet potato
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Place sweet potato on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place tray in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl add rocket, apple, cranberries, sunflower seeds and sweet potato. Toss to combine.
- In a seperate bowl mix together olive oil, mustard, vinegar, honey and freshly cracked pepper. Drizzle over salad before serving.